Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A Helpful Hint

Status
Not open for further replies.

For The Popcorn

Most Helpful Member
When developing code, don't have files of the same name in different directories. If you do, you may get into the situation of downloading the file from the wrong directory and wondering why nothing you change changes program execution in the least.

I've learned my lesson on this in the past, but sometimes when code development isn't going smoothly, I may copy files into a different directory and change directions...and get really confused when my changes don't do anything.

That is aggravating (and has bit me too), but I must have a billion projects that use the same filenames.

If you're using an IDE for development most of them have some method of showing the full file path so it's easier to see what's what.

Im probably doing it wrong ( again ) in MPLABX , I regularly save as ' prog_123 ' as 'prog_run123' or similar , then IDE reloads the new file !! ,, so i remove it and go and reload prog_123 , and off i go in my own little coding world :). so all the files are in the project directory.. Marks out of 10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back