Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a classifieds section might be usefull

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashersmasher

i notice allot of web sites are starting to have classifieds sections. i was thinking that since this hobby of ours is very often resource dependent it might be useful to have a section where we could swap all our redundant bits. also it would be good for dumpster divers who pass good stuff up, microwaves for instance, because they have 1000 others that they picked up a while back while other people are having trouble finding some good ones to use in that arc welder project. would be good for the guys who don't have hundreds to spend on components or the guys who have that one tricky bit they need or even the guy who's been doing this for 30 years and has a basement that looks like something out of star trek and needs to de-clutter.

Yeah, that is what ebay is for.

I think that not having sales/trading section is better for the majority. It's just inviting spammers and scammers to our site. Our moderators do a great job keeping this site clean. We already have a pretty good system of sharing resources using Private Messages.

Personally, I love my clutter. Can usually find those few odd parts I need to complete a project. While looking, I usually stumble across several items that give me ideas for future projects, or I can add to a parts list for something in the future. It's an old habit, but in my younger years I couldn't afford to buy many basic parts, and relied on salvaging components to pursue my interests.

It's amazing how many things I've repaired over the years, without buying parts. Usually feel uncomfortable accepting money for fixing something, that only cost me a little time, and I enjoyed the challenge and experience.

It's really best to leave the trade, to the individuals, and keep it private. Like the OP stated, there are many sites. Ebay, if you can get into it, but you have to work to find deals (low price generally makes up with high shipping), and Ebay gets paid when you set up an auction as well. There's Craigslist, but not sure how that works. Heard about a few times on the evening news (women selling their services)....

I agree that this is a bad idea.

If people want to sell their junk they can use eBay. If they want to talk about it here then fine, providing it's eletronics hobby related and they do post more interesting things as well.

Personally, I love my clutter. Can usually find those few odd parts I need to complete a project. While looking, I usually stumble across several items that give me ideas for future projects, or I can add to a parts list for something in the future. It's an old habit, but in my younger years I couldn't afford to buy many basic parts, and relied on salvaging components to pursue my interests.

Aaah. :) That is my life story! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back