9v Samsung Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
HiTech said:
12 AH SLA battery in a metal detector? Boy that must fatigue your arm... or is it toted around in a plastic wagon?
It rides around in a pouch which hangs at belt level on the back of a harness that came with the detector (Minelab GP3000). My son has dubbed it The Harness of Death (or HOD). The detector draws about an amp while operating - hence the big battery. I could buy a Lithium aftermarket replacement, which is MUCH lighter, but I don't have a spare arm and leg with which to pay for it.
I'm going out prospecting tomorrow to a new area (for me, anyway). I just hope we survive the heat - I'm expecting about 95F.
Anyhow, you can understand why I am interested in the 10AH NiMH cells.

Ron H said:
I like that a lot better. Are you never going to tell us why you picked that "handle"?
Hahah. It's a long story. Let's just say that I used to have an 'unconventional' diet during college. Soap, money, napkins, hairspray, lotion, etc etc.

poopeater said:
Hahah. It's a long story. Let's just say that I used to have an 'unconventional' diet during college. Soap, money, napkins, hairspray, lotion, etc etc.
LOL! Thank God it's not your given name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…