Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8X2 lcd backlight led replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
So I was a bit silly connecting 5v to my lcd backlight led thinking there was a series resistor on board when there wasnt, dead led.

I dont want to wait to get another one of these, has anyone ever tried to replace the backlight led on a hitachi type lcd, is it a completely weird side looking type thing or will I get away with stuffing in a 5 or 3mm led.
It would be a good way of getting the exact colour you want too, so long as any internal filters will pass it.

I use displaytech.... The led is a square one.. I bought a couple of superbright white LED's and linished them down and glued them in.... Works great... The linisher makes a good difuser finish to the LED..

OK I'll look at that later, I have a linisher here and at home.

You were right Ian, it was a square doofer, I made a 5 mm one fit, my 5mm led has metal tab thingies preventing me from making it the same size of the original so I bashed the backpanel light diffuser thingy to fit.
It works well again now, and its bnrighter than the original.

Linishers, doofers, thingies, bashing...

You don't often get all those in one thread!

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back