Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8096 microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrix

Hi,
Just wanted your opinion on the 8096 microcontroller. I use the PICs, but wanted to know has the 8096 gone obsolete ?? Is it as widely used as the PICs ??Can I get some tutorials of the 8096 on the net?

Thx

:lol:
8096 is now better know under 80C196 name, search after that.
and yes is a 16 bit uC more powerfull than PICs especially on ALU capabilities. But it need some external ICs for bus and memory. So is good if you have a little more complex application.

Yes 8096 and 80C196 have gone obsolete now a days. There are many alternate and more powerful single chip microcontrollers available than this one. 8096/80C196 needs a lot of other "sticky" chips to operate.

You'll hardly find any application/tutorial based on this one.
I remember I just found a robot using 80196.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back