Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 switches, 8 LEDs, 1 buzzer, 1 Lamp... How?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambonumber5

Hi,

I'm fairly new to electronics and am trying to build a fairly basic circuit.

I want to light a (dedicated) LED (D1-8) each time a switch (SW1-8), is closed. In addition I want to sound a buzzer (BZ1) and light (BL1) whenever any of the switches is closed.

So I have 8 switches corresponding to 8 LEDS, 1 Piezo Buzzer and one lamp.

What is the simplest way of doing this? I'm asumming some form of CMOS logic device or two would work?

My tired brain has given in on this so please help if you can!!

Many thanks
Gary

Last edited:
How about?

Attachments

• SwArray.png
    SwArray.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 183
Certainly not if that's all he wants to do, but I rather suspect it's not?.

Sounds like he wants a buzzer system for quizes, and that would be useless.

It is, however, what he asked for :p

And do YOU think that's what he meant?

I'll let him determine if what I offered does what he wants, or not. I not going to change the design because you think he meant something else. However, you are welcome to come up with whatever you think will satisfy the OPs requirements, draw it up and post it here...

I am also in the non-mind reading category...which explains why I post so many irrelavent answers.**broken link removed**

I'll let him determine if what I offered does what he wants, or not. I not going to change the design because you think he meant something else. However, you are welcome to come up with whatever you think will satisfy the OPs requirements, draw it up and post it here...

I didn't think I'd post something that is very likely to just waste his time, money, and effort - I'll ask again, did you REALLY think that was all he wanted?.

Only the OP can explain what he really wanted. All else requires mind reading, and men are terrible at that. Just ask any wife.

Haha,

good jokes are very rare at the forum.

That one is a good one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back