Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

8 bay TV Antenna question

Status
Not open for further replies.
TVFool shows the strongest signal to be 57 db top of the list All channels PATH that say LOS are easy to receive. The lowest db signal on the LOS list is 13 db. Stations that say 1Edge are harder to receive channel real 34 is 7 db. Most channels on the 2Edge list are 80 plus miles away but some are 25 miles or 34 miles in a different direction i need a rotor on antenna to get them. If I type in antenna is 10 ft high I get lower db number, with antenna 20 ft high db number go up 1 or 2 db. I somewhat understand these db number anything in the 13 db range is not easy to receive with my antenna. For many years I did not care if I picked up extra channels but it appears there are more stations than there were 15 years ago and I like the challenge of trying to pick up as many as i can that have good programs. I need to buy a good Low VHF antenna and put up 2 antennas. I need to drill holes in brick wall for 2 coax cables and no wall coax connectors. I'm not sure which VHF antenna is best. I don't know how to put TVFool picture on here, here is the link.

Bear in mind that VHF travels considerably further than UHF (the UK only uses UHF, as VHF was used for the original 405 line system), and Band I much further than Band III - so if you're looking for the best range possible, try and pick the lowest frequency Band I transmitters if you can (I presume you use Band I and Band III?).

There is a dual coax bushing I've seen in white and black.

1590677694467.png

Siamese (Dual coax) cables sometimes helps to tidy things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back