Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7805 high input voltage problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ..........

The experiment failed badly............ :-((

78xx series do not allow any IC or resistor to connect to its input.......

when i connect the 12V output of LM2576 buck convertor to the input of 7805 the 12V out put of switching regulator suddnely dorped down to 5.4V..... i connect all the components according to the datasheet. :(

Last edited:
78xx series do not allow any IC or resistor to connect to its input......
Where did you get that information?
Have you properly connected the capacitors which the regulators need at their inputs and outputs to prevent oscillation?

Last edited:
That link saya nothing about 78xx regs not allowing IC's or Rs connected to its input :confused:

You can use a resistor on the input, it will destroy the load regulation specs because of the voltage drop when the current changes.

So ..........

The experiment failed badly............ :-((

78xx series do not allow any IC or resistor to connect to its input.......

when i connect the 12V output of LM2576 buck convertor to the input of 7805 the 12V out put of switching regulator suddnely dorped down to 5.4V..... i connect all the components according to the datasheet. :(
Then you may be drawing too much current from it. Make sure the 7805 is connected correctly and there is not a short on it's output.

make sure the capacitors used for the LM2576 are the correct type (low ESR). They are critical to stability.

There is no reason a 7805 can not be driven from a 2576.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back