Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

74F1764 datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesioku

Hi.
Does anybody have any information, datasheet about 74F1764. It is Dual Port DRAM Controller (version of single-port 74F1763). It was made and (probably) designed by Signetics. I suspect, there is some secret in connexion with this circuit (all of distributors, which have this part, don't have any information about it).
Regards.
Leszek

I think you may have a part that was never successfully produced. Even the archival places are bereft of relevant information. Of course you could just implement one with a modern gate array.

Dear Papabravo.
Maybe you are right. Is highly probable that this part had some construction mistakes, but I remember, I succesfully used this circuit almost 20 years ago in my Amiga 500 RAM controller project. And now I can't find any copy of this board and any documentation for it. Of course, I agree I can use some modern controller or gate array but I have tens (about 100 pieces) of this part. Therefore I would't like to waste it (maybe I'll have to). Anyway - how could you explain it - "part was never succesfully produced" but a lot of distributors have that part in their offer.
Have a nice day.
Leszek

When a manufacturer abandons a part for whatever reason, they may be picked up in bulk say for $0.10 a Kg. The documentation is "lost" or "destroyed" so that they can get away from supporting the part. Your design from 20 years ago may have worked for some reason that did not go near the reasons for abandonment. Dualport memory designs are notoriously tricky to get right under the best of circumstances so I'm not surprised at this outcome.

Very hard to find but here is the other one.

Attachments

• 74F1763N.pdf
    119.5 KB · Views: 431
I don't like to waste your time this discussion but I thought someone may have any documentation in his private library. I know it's very hard to find it (I've been searching for 2 weeks, not only via net) and I feel sure, you know that 74F1763 and 74F1764 are not the same.
Of course I can assemble some prototype, take oscilloscope and check all pins to find how does it work (I thought I don't have to do that).
If you have 14 pieces (one of distributors) I think it's a little stupid to sell it in "bulk", especially for $0.10 / kg!
For all that, thank you for help.
Regards.
Leszek

Read the description in the 74F1763 datasheet.
Not the same but close.

Attachments

• 74F1763 Discrip.gif
    74F1763 Discrip.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 218
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back