74190 up/down decade counter help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may have completely miss understood what you were saying, but I think I wired this the way you suggested.

I'm having 2 problems now, first it counts down from 59-9-59-50-59-50-49-9
it's also decrementing the minutes on the second 59 count, it's just strange.

(I only modified the counter for tenths of seconds)

Attachments

• clock30.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 414
chelm said:
I'm having 2 problems now, first it counts down from 59-9-59-50-59-50-49-9
it's also decrementing the minutes on the second 59 count, it's just strange.

(I only modified the counter for tenths of seconds)
I don't understand tenths of seconds. Aren't you counting seconds in the right display?

You did the clocks backwards. If you look at my circuit the high frequency goes to the load FF (U17 in your circuit) and the divide-by-2 frequency goes to the counter.

-----------------------------

I used to be fast and sloppy. But now that I'm getting older, I'm losing my speed.

Yes I misspoke, or mis-wrote rather. Tens of seconds is what I meant, sorry. I'll take a closer look at this, I thought I had it setup the same way you did. I apologize if I missed something.

So I connected it like this: I think this is what you meant, but now they count independently. The seconds count like this: 59-50-59-50-49-40-49-40-39-30-39-30-29...

Attachments

• clock31.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 457
Sorry, I wasn't more clear.
The divide-by-2 FF clock is now your main 1 second clock and goes to all the counters. The undivided clock goes only to the carry FF's.

Sir Ive done what you said but why is it when the counter reaches 09, it immeadietely comesback to 59

That schematic is the bases of a down counter... And it doesn't work!! You need to get a better schematic..

hi Mark,
Please dont keeping posting to multiple threads with the same question, it gets confusing.
E

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…