Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

73m716e? (lm4040d30ilpr?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

futz

I just found 25 nice new TO-92 parts (cut tape) in a drawer. I'm not sure what they are, but I suspect they're the (Digikey number) 296-21583-1-ND 3-volt reference shunts I ordered a while back.

But what confuses me is that they're labelled as follows:

1st line:
73M716E

2nd line:
NFD301 or NFD30I (can't be sure which - probably I)

3rd line:
T1 or TI (again, probably I)

When I look up the Digikey number 296-21583-1-ND from my order I find the Texas Instruments LM4040D30ILPR. I've Googled and searched all the major electronics suppliers for 73M716E and NFD301/I and come up with nothing at all.

I'm about 80% sure these are my 3V shunts, but would like to be 100% before I plug them in. Also I'm wondering why the strange labelling? Any ideas?

Last edited:
You could simply test it !

Plug one in a proto-board along with a series 4k7 resistor on a variable power supply (or use a 4k7 resistor in series with a 10k pot on a 12 volt supply. Install a DMM on the proto-board across the DUT.

These shunts normally have a reverse polarity diode. So, when you'll try your shunt regulator,. you'll either see 0.7V,. 3.0 V or something like 11.9 volts. Try your TO-92's until you have the correct (3.0 V) voltage.

You can then use either the variable supply or the pot to check the shunt regulator under different currents. Most of these shunt references will work even with a very small current, so you'll be able to check the E/I behavior. If no configuration gives you 3,0 volts, try shorting two pins togethrt (either on the POS or the NEG side).

They must be the ones. Looking at the datasheet, you can see that they are not marked with an actual part number but a coding scheme similar to the NFD30I number:

Attachments

• LM4040.PNG
    LM4040.PNG
    86.6 KB · Views: 225
You could simply test it!
Ya. :p That was my plan. Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone had any specific knowledge about them.

kchriste said:
They must be the ones. Looking at the datasheet, you can see that they are not marked with an actual part number but a coding scheme similar to the NFD30I number:
Ah! I didn't spot that. That pretty much moves my probability up to 95% of them being what I think they are. Maybe I'll find time to test one on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back