Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 segment LED display pinout

Status
Not open for further replies.

michal_w

Hi,
I'm trying to find the pinout for the following LED display: 7 segment, 4 digits, 30 pins. On the PCB is also lettering "FD-955AB" but there's no related with LED displays information in the internet.

Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
Michał

Last edited:
Try to light up the segments using a 9V battery with something like a 680R in the positive lead. It will be a common cathode or anode but once you've found out which is the common it should be relatively easy to map out the segment pins.

I have a multi meter that have a "diode test" that will light up a LED. Using the meter try combinations.

The LED module has many pins. Why?
Some modules have a pin out like this:
>7 sires for the 7 segments. a,b,c,d,e,f,g and 4 wires one for each digit. 1,2,3,4 They are arranged in a matrix.
>You might have (a,b,c,d,e,f,g 1,2) AND (a,b,c,d,e,f,g 3,4)
>You almost have enough pins to have 1(a,b,c,d,e,f,g) 2(a,b,c,d,e,f,g) 3(a,b,c,d,e,f,g) 4(a,b,c,d,e,f,g)

Hi,
thanks for your replies.
I was hoping to avoid finding pins one by one, but I think it's the only way...

Please post your pin out when you find it.

I see your finger prints on the display. There are very few people who post their finger prints on the internet. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back