Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7-Segment LED Counter (binary and base 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the fixed circuit.
In the previous circuit diagram I posted there is a drawing error: all the ground level voltages are connected into same potential.

Only improvement was that the 74LS04 needed to be changed to 74LS14.
Works!!
The pulses from the transistor were not so clean, so the counter incremented too much (with 74LS04).

This picture is of circuit that works.

Attachments

• ldr-darkness-activated-circuit.jpg
    ldr-darkness-activated-circuit.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 4,400
Last edited:
Geat but you could save an IC if you don't mine an extra transistor and a few resistors.

Attachments

• Save an IC.GIF
    Save an IC.GIF
    10.9 KB · Views: 3,369
Situation:
I have 3 7-segment display and i want it to display numers form 0-999.

The Problem :
Using a 7447 i can display from 0-9,A,B,C,D,E,F in one of the 7-segment display.
But how can i connect the 3 7-segment display in order to display from 0-999
m a high scl guy...m making a decimal adder circuit.....already done adddition part using 7483.
can display 0-9 in 7-segment. bt how do i do the A-F part??????
does it require any extra chip or something??????
help plzzz.
or i'll have 2 make sumthing to take carry bit frm 7483 and work on it..

Try spell-check first, Sorry my poor English translator is not functioning properly..lol

-BaC

m a high scl guy...m making a decimal adder circuit.....already done adddition part using 7483.
can display 0-9 in 7-segment. bt how do i do the A-F part??????
does it require any extra chip or something??????
help plzzz.
or i'll have 2 make sumthing to take carry bit frm 7483 and work on it..

to bacardi( sozzled, as the name suggests),
u can learn ur english in ENGLISH CLASSES.
try to help in the electronics part.
Abuses apart,
can someone send me the connection btwn a 7448 and 1050CHRI( common cathode 7-segment).

Damned them id10t errors...lol

to bacardi( sozzled, as the name suggests),
u can learn ur english in ENGLISH CLASSES.
try to help in the electronics part.
Abuses apart,
can someone send me the connection btwn a 7448 and 1050CHRI( common cathode 7-segment).

In order to control two 7 segment displays using a circuit similar to the one above, you'd need two binary counters and two display drivers. The second binary counter would need to be clocked by the overflow of the first using some simple logic gates.

Brian

do you have the circuit...? so i could know the configurations..thanx

hello... i need a 4 seven segment display counter from 0 to 9999 that has an ANY value of DC supply. will you please help me how to do that???

if u have a circuit diagram for it... email me at john_rey12@yahoo.com

thanks..

Can you elaborate on a "zero contact bounce circuit? I haven't seen any mechanical device that would warrant a de-bounce.

-BaC
Just wondering what you meant is all.
where is your pulse input to the circuit? also I'll need a zero contact bounce circuit.

I assembled a small up count circuit with a pushbutton as the input. when you make the contact the counter increments one digit. when you release the button the contacts open and you'll get another unwanted pulse. so for each push of the button you get two digits.

Ahh well a button would be a mechanical device, got you.

-BaC
I assembled a small up count circuit with a pushbutton as the input. when you make the contact the counter increments one digit. when you release the button the contacts open and you'll get another unwanted pulse. so for each push of the button you get two digits.

This is a great circuit, and when taken in depth it can teach someone the basics of Logic circuits and binary

Here is something that I was able to build, it basically takes the pulse from a 555 timer and goes through a 7490 divide by 10 into a 7448 and finally into a LN514rk Common Cathode LED-- if you are going to use a common anode LED just replace the 7448 with a 7447

Materials Needed

• 5 V-Source
    Wires
    555-Integrated Circuit
    7490-Integrated Circuit
    7448-Integrated Circuit
    7-Segment Display (the one I used was LN514RK)

Simply connect it as it is in the diagram
**broken link removed**

hello sir and thank you for the nice, simple and very well written diagram, am just asking, what can i add(or remove) to this circuit to make it only count from 0-4 and can be controlled by 2 manual switches to simply ADD or SUBTRACT a count.

Ive already seen the diagram on how to move the count positively by manual SWITCH but what I'm puzzled about is how I can adapt the circuit to subtract a count and make the whole only from 0 - 4.... thanks a lot and keep posting those cool diagrams :)

hi iam just a newbie i really need to know how to make 3 seven segmen to count off like a stop watch for my project for example 0:09 to 0:10 to 0:11. i know how to display the no. in the seven segment the problem is i cant place the digit ten in the 2nd seven segment and make the 1st seven segmen count off again until it reach to 9 and make another change in the 2nd seven segment again. wil you help me? i really need this and anothe thing this circuit is connected in the computer it must have a parallel port

request

Here is something that I was able to build, it basically takes the pulse from a 555 timer and goes through a 7490 divide by 10 into a 7448 and finally into a LN514rk Common Cathode LED-- if you are going to use a common anode LED just replace the 7448 with a 7447

Materials Needed

• 5 V-Source
    Wires
    555-Integrated Circuit
    7490-Integrated Circuit
    7448-Integrated Circuit
    7-Segment Display (the one I used was LN514RK)

Simply connect it as it is in the diagram
**broken link removed**

hello sir i'm narendran.i felt appearence of this circuit is poor for me. so kindly request you to send me the the same circuit with good appearence.......to
naren.scorpion08@rediffmail.com

hi iam just a newbie i really need to know how to make 3 seven segmen to count off like a stop watch for my project for example 0:09 to 0:10 to 0:11. i know how to display the no. in the seven segment the problem is i cant place the digit ten in the 2nd seven segment and make the 1st seven segmen count off again until it reach to 9 and make another change in the 2nd seven segment again. wil you help me? i really need this and anothe thing this circuit is connected in the computer it must have a parallel port

Did you manage to make this thing? If you did, could you share some informations about it...

I would like to do this thing too. 3 seven digits counter, connected to the parallel port, from where this increase signal will come.

Tnx in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back