Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 Segment Led Clock using PC signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

vito3693

Hi, I'm trying to build a clock using 4 7 segment LEDs. The requirement is that the clock must display the time using signals from a computer. Currently I have a four 7 segment displays, a 555 timer, 74LS47 Binary to decimal decoder, RS Flip Flops, and a 74LS245 Buffer/Transceiver, a few resistors and capacitors. A description would be appreciated, but if possible could anyone post up a circuit diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THX.

all you need are few resistors and four 7 segment displays then interface your circuit on PC parallel port, create a software to read time on your PC and send data to parallel port, VB is the easiest to use.

Well I know the basics of it and how to put it together, so thats not the problem. Its just that I'm not sure which order everything is to be placed in. Although I think it should be PC->Buffer->FlipFlops->Decoder->Display. If anyone could put up a schematic diagram it would be great. thx

Last edited:
You guys should rename this site "We Do Your Homework For You!", then charge $50 a pop to engineer schematics for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back