Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7-segment display, driver and PIC16F876A

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameerk

Hi,

I am using PIC16F876A (28pin) and trying to interface 8 CA 7-seg displays with it.
However, I do not wish to employ discrete transistors for controlling the display drive.
I could find ULN2803A (8-drivers) but it is suitable for Common Cathod (CC)type displays.
I have plenty of Common Anode (CA) displays with me and so not much interested in switiching to CC type.

Please let me know in case anyone knows any part typically used to interface CA 7-seg displays as driver. I do not need a decoder and/or latch.

Attaching the basic schematic representing my application part.

Attachments

• PIC_7seg_CA_intfc.JPG
    PIC_7seg_CA_intfc.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 1,049
I work at Maxim Integrated Products. One of our support engineers saw your posting and made a suggestion:

You can try the Maxim ICM7218 LED decoder driver:

**broken link removed**

This part automatically multiplexes and drives Common Anode displays (up to 8 digits). Your Microcontroller only sends the numerical data to the ICM7218.

Guys...

I found one chip family....

UDN2981A-through-84A

Just FYI. I thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back