Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

7 segment 3 digit Temp Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
I savaged the jack plug from a meat thermometer. I assumed it is a K-type and I got an amplifier for it.

Thermocouples wiring colors are standardized, for the K type it is yellow-red.
Also, since the metals in the wire are not copper, but chromel/alumel pairs, the wire is significantly stiffer than copper.

UPDATE: Yeap, it was a thermistor not a thermocouple. I can pick up the change in resistance with arduino but thank you for all the thermocouple suggestions (ans sorry for the confusion)

Have you considered one of these ? I ordered one for a little over $3.00 from ebay

do a google search for:

W1209 Digital thermostat Temperature Control Switch 12V sensor Module -50-110°C

Lots on ebay, even on Amazon
I'll definitely consider it for future projects, it looks really useful.

As far as my original question, The 7 segment 4 pin I ordered works really well.

Thank you all for your help. I always learn something useful here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back