Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

6N138 Optoisolator Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again,

Oh yeah he he.

You know what else is a little strange, in that graph i posted from the data sheet they show the operating point to be with a collector current of 2ma and a 10v supply and a 100 ohm load resistor. Well 2ma though 100 ohm only produces 0.2v, so i have to wonder now what kind of application would use that.

Well the 6N138s I ordered from Mouser came in today and I got one soldered into my test circuit with the following schematic -

**broken link removed**

The inputs to the unused stages of the 74LS14 are sent to ground, just not shown in the schematic.

Proud to say everything works as advertised with zero receive errors. And the chip does not get hot.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back