Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

666.....the mark of the beast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GonzoEngineer

We got this old guy I have work with. He is a mechanical designer and does all our mechanical drawings.

Now, he is a nice guy......but he drives me crazy! He is in this crazy, fanatical, evangelical church. And he just won't stop trying to convert me to Jesus. All day, every day, he makes these comments that are actually a bit insulting. He thinks I am a sinner because I am a war Veteran and need to ask Jesus for forgiveness of my sins.

He drives me crazy.

So I decided to get back at him.

I design the printed circuit boards that go in the system, and he has to get the final board drawings from me to integrate into his design.

I started changing the circuit boards just slightly, so that there would always be a few dimensions that have a 666 in them. Now, usually it is some small dimension, like 3.666 inches. And I noticed he would always change them by a thousanth of an inch to make it 3.665 of something like that. No big deal, because one mil on a circuit board mounting hole location really doesn't matter when I have a +/- 5 mil tolerance anyway.

But I finally threw him a curve ball the other day.

I gave him a dimension of 6.660 inches!

He a spent whole day trying to get me to issue an engineering change order, because he can't change it by ten mills without having something not fit right.

I refused, and told him he had to deal with the dimensions they way they are, because I had already sent the boards out for fab.

"Why did you do that? he screamed.

"The Devil told me to do it!....now deal with it, or I will hire somebody else!"

He stormed out of the lab with a red face, and I swear there was steam blowing out of his ears.

I know.....I am an *******.....but at least he won't bother trying to get me to come to his church anymore....I am the Devil!

Hahaha! That's pretty funny. :)

1.How to piss off an atheist. Tell them there is a God and that they will go to Hell.

2.How to piss of a Christian. Tell them there is no God and there is no Hell.

3.How to piss off most people on this site. Ask a Question.

I need help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. ! I have an assignment due tomorrow.:p

kv :D

That's beautiful.

My grandmother is south Texas Pentacostal--very fundamentalist. I finally managed to get her goat one time when I was a teenager and we were driving around. I saw a house numbered '668' and pointed it out, exclaiming "Look! The Neighbour of the Beast!"

She was unamused.

Torben

1.How to piss off an atheist. Tell them there is a God and that they will go to Hell.

2.How to piss of a Christian. Tell them there is no God and there is no Hell.

3.How to piss off most people on this site. Ask a Question.

I need help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease. ! I have an assignment due tomorrow.:p

kv :D

Heres a template for all the new EE's who are a final year student and need help making a circuit:
PLZ SIR i need To make "Insert Circuit Name Here".., give me SChematic plz. "Your Email Here"

Your friend would be better off if he would strive to "live" his religion rather than "talk" his religion. I don't know about others, but I tend to believe a person more because of what he does rather than what he says he does.

There's room in this world for all of us.

Last edited:
I think the Jesus Freaks who push their religion on everybody should be burned over a stack of burning bibles.

A car drives up my street and stops. Six well dressed people get out, converse for a moment then go door-to-door in 2's. An older black person with a young white person. They hand out Watchtower religious propoganda. They get a gold star for each person they grab.

If your in the States you should ask him what he thinks about Social Security.

Section 666 of title 42 of the Social Security act now requires every state, as a condition of Federal Revenue Sharing, to obtain "the number of your name" before you can receive any state services (e.g., a license to work, a license to drive, a license to marry).

If he works he has one and pays into it, Just mention it and watch him blow steam out his ears.

Now, he is a nice guy......but he drives me crazy! He is in this crazy, fanatical, evangelical church. And he just won't stop trying to convert me to Jesus. All day, every day, he makes these comments that are actually a bit insulting. He thinks I am a sinner because I am a war Veteran and need to ask Jesus for forgiveness of my sins.

Maybe give him a dose of his own medicine. Book of Samuel Chap 17. The story of David.

"This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down, and cut off your head; and I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines this day to the birds of the air and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel, and that all this assembly may know that Yahweh saves not with sword and spear; for the battle is Yahweh's, and he will give you into our hand."

I am sure there are many other biblical quotes that support us vetrans.

I would wonder about a God who would allow his children to ignore an Evil person such as Hitler, who commited his acts and allow him to continue. Surely God would expect his children to stand up and stomp the evil injustice of such a horrible person. It must be thought that God is just and would expect his children to deliver justice to the unjust.

When all else fails there is always the eloquent response, STFU...:)

Last edited:
I know.....I am an *******.....but at least he won't bother trying to get me to come to his church anymore....I am the Devil!

You are not that, he is! I personbally can't understand how rational people can be sooo entrenched in religion.

People like this use to come knocking on my door every month or so. Over a short period I told a number of these PITA types I was reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins and once finished I would love to debate their point of view if they ever had the time.

Not seen any of them since :)

Maybe you should invest in a copy and place it on your desk.. It's a good read too!

Oh, you could be more subtle with this. Apparently the 'original' number of the beast is 616. Maybe use this number instead but make sure he finds out somehow :) :)

You could make sure that dimensions frequently convert to something with 666 in metric. Let him work on all of them for a few months in mils, then mention that fact :)

My views are a little black and white on this, this guy does sound a bit "happy clappy" and I would guess his faith requires him to proselytize the unbelievers.

The thing is I would imagine that is what "belief" is - if your faith requires you to do X, Y times a day - then to be honest thats what you should do, if you don't then I guess you are only really participating in the "good" bits of the faith and to my mind shouldnt call yourself a (Catholic, Mormon, Methodist, Jedi etc).

I would definitely say however, his strategy of "having you on board" sucks big style, and perhaps you have been more than tolerant with him initially which gave him the opening he needed. I think he got the message though!

A guy at work had a "Christian Business Directory". I told him he should get a free American flag and a book of matches with every purchase.

A car drives up my street and stops. Six well dressed people get out, converse for a moment then go door-to-door in 2's. An older black person with a young white person. They hand out Watchtower religious propoganda. They get a gold star for each person they grab.
When those "elders" knock on my door with WatchTower pamphlets, I respond by saying, "Oh, free comic books?" In reality, I have phoned some of the churches around my area requesting them to put my address on a DO NOT CALL UPON list. It seems to work for the most part.

UTMonkey: I like the Jedi "pursuasion" idea!! I'd prefer a light sabre instead of a Leatherman multitool on my belt!!!

One of these guy's tried to proselitys me.

What ever there name is ?

The one that kills me is 144,000 and only that number enters into heaven ? I don't get it.

So, how many people have been born and estimated lifetime of the planet and ever will been born. Number to staggering to try to figure out and 144,000 that's it no more that's it sorry.

But, hmn......... and how many current members and members who have died ? Seems to me somebody better get back to the drawing board or your going to have a bunch of people on the wrong side paying your tithe and who is responsible for bringing them in and why are we still taking there money.

Seems to me you met your quota.

kv:p

Edit: Maybe it's like electrons one goes in and one pops out. Heaven is a wire and Hell is the load :D

Last edited:
Actually Killivolt, you do raise a very good question. The only problem is if you actually asked a JW for an explanation - they would mistake it for interest, and then start with the proseletyzing.

Its a shame really, I am sure they have enough justification for believing what they do but if you can't ask a question without getting preached at you remain somewhat ignorant.

HiTech - You think I jest? Jedi Church - Jedi Religion and Jedi Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back