Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

60 Hz PWM for RC Servo using postscaler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this project evolves, I might try making a synchronizer. Until recently the only one was Glendinning which used a tach cable to physically drive screws inside and pull the throttle cable on the slave engine. That and his shore cord reels are really neat contraptions. He has a wild imagination. Yanmar and some others don’t have a tach cable drive so they couldn’t use it. Sturdy makes one now that takes frequency input but they are $$$$$$$.$$. They also make DDEC. One thing holding me back from that is that if it ever failed, the liability could be terrible.

The 16F628A has three timers, you could use Timers 0 & 1 as external counters and it's real easy if you add an external gate to start / stop the counters (as TMR0 will continue to run once started as it's not gated on the 16F628A) Plus you've got the very programmable Timer2 available for a jiffy clock.

blueroomelectronics said:
The 16F628A has three timers, you could use Timers 0 & 1 as external counters and it's real easy if you add an external gate to start / stop the counters (as TMR0 will continue to run once started as it's not gated on the 16F628A) Plus you've got the very programmable Timer2 available for a jiffy clock.
You can stop Timer 0 from counting by changing the T0CKI pin from an input to an output.

If the PWM carrier is slowed will that just effect the position refresh rate? Or will it also tell the servo to move slowly to the new position? If not, I guess I will just have to move it in very small increments to get it to move slower.

Ambient said:
If the PWM carrier is slowed will that just effect the position refresh rate? Or will it also tell the servo to move slowly to the new position? If not, I guess I will just have to move it in very small increments to get it to move slower.

From what I know operationally, the PWM frame rate just affects refresh rate. The interfaces that allow slower operation for more realism, such as landing gear doors, do it by ramping the pulse width over several frames. John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back