Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukid88

Hi
I'm working on a project.
I want to have a time for two days. I am limited to 555 timers only can u please help me.
I was thinking to have a binary counter and count up when the signal is given and then when it gets to two days a buzzer goes off

Thanx

Good approach, check out the CD4521 24 stage binary counter. It has a built-in oscillator, but you can drive it from a 555 if you want. The CD4045, 21 stage binary counter could also be used and may be more available.

Duos any one know the formula for what kind of capacitors and resister I will need for say an hour or two.
Thanx

Hi rukid88,

Here are a couple of links that might help:

This one has a link for a nice little timing calculator

**broken link removed**

Good luck with your project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back