Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 timer Relay driver with TTL input

Status
Not open for further replies.

licketylips

Hello,
I want to drive a 12v relay off a 555 timer after being triggered by a 12v PIR sensor. The sensor has a 3.3V TTL output which goes HI when the sensor is triggered. Once the sensor turns off the TTL output returns to 0V.
-I want the Relay to turn on for 3 minutes (can be adjustable) after being triggered.

I think I need a monostable circuit & I know the trigger needs a low input, but I'm unable to figure out how to put this together.
Is anyone able to fill in the gaps or provide a known working circuit?

20200523_093742.jpg

Thnaks in advance,
M.W.

The blue and yellow highlited parts are optional. Those allow the PIR to retrigger the 555 and keep the relay active 3 more minutes for each PIR excitation. Without them, the relay will turn off after 3 minutes. And, once off, it can be retriggered for the next PIR excitation.

4D593BAB-FE90-4089-87D0-3550DB0EC536.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back