Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 Timer as an Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoorsie

I'm attempting to set this up (See Pic) as an oscillator for some experiments (Thanks again mike for getting my power supply running!!) My problem is that i can't seem to get it to oscillate. I have pin 3 hooked directly to a standard LED and and then to ground(via 330k ohm resistor) The led lights up, but stays lit... I need this to oscillate because i'm using it to run some nested logic gates. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 555.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 126
Have you looked at the LM555 datasheet? It has the schematic you need, with the equation to calculate frequency. Also Google "555 tutorial".
Your circuit is missing 2 capacitors.
EDIT: Go to find out how to post schematics.

Thanks Ron! Also, i have the caps on my board, i just failed to place them in my schematic...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back