Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 monostable circuit to trigger solenoid valves questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again,

In general those things arent made for precise timing circuits, but it doesnt sound too bad. I do tend to trust the 555 more though especially if the power supply varies much.

Nice simple latch, dougy. I was under the (mistaken?) impression the OP particularly wanted to use a 555, but I agree with you that accuracy is not an issue here so a Schmitt-based solution is ok. With your circuit a reset pulse could terminate the solenoid pulse prematurely. That could be an advantage, but if it is a problem for the OP then a monostable could be inserted between the latch and FET, as below:
Lockout3.gif

Hello again rizla,

Didnt you like the 555 plus latch circuit, or the two 555's circuit?

Hello again rizla,

Didnt you like the 555 plus latch circuit, or the two 555's circuit?

well i really appreciate the replies but the problem is that these circuits are way too complicated for me :S i dont know that much :S

Hello again,

Well you dont really have to know exactly how they work do you? If you do then you should just ask here.

You'd know how to wire them up right?

these circuits are way too complicated for me
If we knew of something simpler we would have posted that :).

Hello again,

Well you dont really have to know exactly how they work do you? If you do then you should just ask here.

You'd know how to wire them up right?

well the circuit has to be on a printed circuit board :S i will make it on multisim then get it printed but i find it way too complicated! I will need 4 such circuits on a single circuit board.

Hello again,

Well geeze, if you can do one 555 you should be able to do two 555's without too much more difficulty :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back