Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 ic+output pulse after trigger pulse ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindmywork

im working on a circuit which will be triggered by cell phone audio output. im able to amplify the audio signal, the voltage has spikes in it from 1.6 to 4.5v when the ringtone is playing.
so can i take it as a input to 555 and get a pulse of 5 seconds as output.

output pulse should start after the ringtone ends.

output pulse should start after the ringtone ends.
You mean when the ringing totally stops or at the end of the first ring?
If at the end of the ringing, what is the period between rings?

How long does the ringtone last? Does it have gaps in it?
You might find you need two 555s: one triggered at the start of the ringtone and the other triggered when the pulse from the first one goes low.

You mean when the ringing totally stops or at the end of the first ring?
If at the end of the ringing, what is the period between rings?
after total ring stops. like i will call the mobile the ringtone plays and stops, after the ringtone stopped the output has to be triggered.

How long does the ringtone last? Does it have gaps in it?
You might find you need two 555s: one triggered at the start of the ringtone and the other triggered when the pulse from the first one goes low.
good idea. cant we do it with just a single 555

ringtone can be selected from files. but i dont know which sound form will get high voltage and has small spikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back