Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

55 Volts DC regulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlord_1011

Hello All!

Right here is the situation:

I need a Power Supply what can provide +-55VDC (so two supply rails providing 5A). It is for an Amplifier so I would like to ensure there is the smallest possible ripple, now I am not sure how to obtain this!

I am looking at using a 500VA 2x45V Transformer, now would I be right in saying each secondary outputs 45V RMS (64V Peak) each at 250VA allowing for 5.56 Amps to be drawn?

Now if i Have a Peak of +-64 Volts after rectification and smoothing how can I then regulate this to +-55 Volts DC while also allowing for a Maximum of 5 Amps to be drawn??

Amplifier power supplies are never regulated, simply choose a transformer that will give you +- 55V after rectification and fit some big meaty capaciators (4700µF - 10000µF @ 63V).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back