Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5 volt to 12 volt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give more details.

Such as:
5v AC or DC?
Current available at 5v
Current required at 12v
How much do you want to spend?

is it possible to convert a 5 volt power source to a 12 volt?
thanks. :)

hi,
Yes its possible to convert the voltage, look at switched mode power supplies, SMPS. Pick a type that gives the current output you require,

Give more details.

Such as:
5v AC or DC?
Current available at 5v
Current required at 12v
How much do you want to spend?

its 5V DC.. im not sure about the current..
i just need to know what is need to convert them..
current will check it out soon..

use max232 :D

that's an rs232 transceiver, not a switching converter and although it uses a charge pump to get higher voltages, it's not much current.

ahmed. I looked up the TI version of the Max232, the output resistance is 300 ohms and the short circuit current is only 10ma's. If he's looking to just convert a very low current signal it'll work, totally useless for all but micro power applications though

everything

its ok people... i found out how to do it already.. thanks so much in reply my humble thread.. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back