Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5 volt switch for switching a larger voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

Hiya guy's,
Well I made a LM3914 PV dumpload controller where when the batteries hit 27.5 volts it turns on a pnp tranny. I've got 3 trannies in total from 27.5,28,28.5 volt to switch a seperate dumpload on. But here is where I'm stuck. The BC558 pnp trannies I'm using only put a 5 volt signal out? The fets I have here to use are IRFZ44N where I need atleast 10 volts. So I need to make a new board to use that 5 volt signal to really turn the fets on hard. Could you great people show me a simple way to acheive this as I'm more a mechanical bloke rather than electronic but I am getting there.

Cheers Bryan

well going thru my chips I found a 4496 fet driver so I reckon that will solve my problem. Just need to put a 7815 reg and I should be home and hose.

cheers Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back