Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5 volt from two LiPo with lm1084it-5.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erhy

Hello,
for my ESP32-cam project I need around 5 volt from two LiPo in serie which means 6.5 till 7.4 volt.
Are additional capacitors or resistors necessary with lm1084it-5.0 ?
Thank you for advice
Erhy

I thought that

LM 1086 IT5,0​

or

LM 1084 IT5,0​

are fixed LDO 5V regulators.

TI datasheet: 10 uF tantalum on output and 10 uF on input.
I would prefer a tiny insulated board with all parts - do you know any?

If you can estimate the power lost from the voltage difference * current, you need at least 10 square cm per watt of heat sink to operate < 50'C This is certainly a 5V regulator and improved over the LM317, LM7805 types with 8A max with a large heatsink.

I thought that

LM 1086 IT5,0​

or

LM 1084 IT5,0​

are fixed LDO 5V regulators.

TI datasheet: 10 uF tantalum on output and 10 uF on input.
I would prefer a tiny insulated board with all parts - do you know any?
There are numerous switch-mode regulator modules on AliExpress and Banggood, even on Amazon Marketplace (but they still usually ship from China). Many are variable (making them more general purpose), but there are fixed 5V ones.

Switch-mode will be FAR more efficient for you, a linear regulator will waste almost 50% of your battery power.

If LDO has a 1.5V dropout and battery ranges from 7.4 to 6V for 5V out, the efficiency is 5/7.4= 67% to 5/6.5=77% while a 2A Buck regulator may be from 85% to 95%. Perhaps twice as many losses but not waste 50% of your power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back