Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5 second record and 5 second play back. Memory?

gary350

About 20 years ago there was a small battery toy at Walmart it fits in your shirt pocket. Push the record button then say what ever you want. Push play button it plays what you recorded. Kids had lots of fun with them. Say, You stink. Your stupid. Kiss me. Your ugly, or scream very loud. Leave it on the lunch room table at work it was funny when someone pushed the play button. I don't remember what they were called? If I remember what they are called maybe I could buy one.

I assume a memory chip is used for this. Is there a circuit drawing for this device and what is it called?

Last edited:
Voice recorder.

Usually a micro with SDCARD interface, for long speech sequences.

Another approach -

Regards, Dana.

You can buy them for very little money from Banggood etc. - cheap modules that use special audio recording chips.

Much easier for short clips than micro-controllers and SD cards etc.

You can buy them for very little money from Banggood etc. - cheap modules that use special audio recording chips.

Much easier for short clips than micro-controllers and SD cards etc.

I see I can buy 1 from China $1.99 each. I can buy 1 from someone in Illinois for $7 each it came from China. I am going to buy 1.

Last edited:

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back