Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

5 pole stepper motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdewinda

I want to drive 5 pole stepper motor
specs 500 steps /rev
2A 0.34ohm per winding
there is only five terminals and between any two terminals resistance is about 0.6 ohms
I this is not like unipolar or bipolar motors
Can some one help me how to drive this ( basic driver circuits)

If it's 5 terminals it's a unipolar stepper, you're measuring the resistance wrong somehow. There should be 1 common wire, and the other 4 wires are the output at the end of each of your four coils. The simplest way to drive them is to provide the common wire with +VCC and use mosfets as lowside drivers to ground the coils in the proper sequence.

Even with a 5 pole motor you would get different resistance values between any two points.

no . in 5 pole pentagon bitween every tow termianls u get same resistence as there are no commen pole. I checked parctiallay

Ehh, I see now. I apologize, I never ran across one of them before.
Jones on Stepping Motor Types
Might help.

The end of the page shows some information on non standard multi phase steppers and shows stepping sequences for a 5 phase motor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back