Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

47"philips lcd tv with bad hdmi inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjohn258

my Philips lcd tv's hdmi inputs stopped working after attempting to hook up my pc...had a problem with the pc interferring with the cable signal even after shutting all power to pc....store where i bought the pc told me to disconnect cable from pc to see if it was the cable...in doing this and trying different plugs i ruined my hdmi input...repair store said i have to replace motherboard, but very expensive....can these hdmi inputs be repaired or replaced and if not where can i find a cheap motherboard...Thanks

unfortunately board replacement depending on model is the easiest and cheapest way to cure this set-depending on what is being displayed when a signal is applied to your hdmi socket-it may also be a software related fault which can be corrected quite easily but it needs to be done by somebody who knows exactly what they are doing as you will scrap your set completely if an incorrect setting is made in service mode.
what is displayed on screen off your hdmi sockets with a signal applied and what is the full make and model number of your set??

Last edited:
philips 47" lcd...model #47pfl7422d/37....screen just says..."No Signal"...in all the hdmi input sources...repair guy said that the hdmi inputs were loose...like someone was trying to repair it...said he had another one there with same problem....is it ok to use refurbished boards?

the main problem you may have if the connector has become detatched from the pcb because it will be a surface mount component and the pins of the connector are very close together and the pcb is a double sided plated through board you will most certainly have track breaks which can be very difficult to repair at the best of times.....double sided plated through boards have connections which run from the component side of the pcb through to the solder side of the pcb.....regarding refurbished boards i wouldnt like to say as if i cannot reliably repair this type of board i always replace with a new board.....

Last edited:
you still have the problem of properly and safely desoldering your surfacemounted hdmi connector and these arent really serviceable boards unless you know what you are doing and have the correct desoldering equipment..........you only need 1 or more pins of the socket to still be soldered in place on the board after a desolder attempt and you will scrap your board if you pull tracks away on removal of the hdmi socket........it isnt really a common failure its only if the socket has been subjected to rough treatment for whatever reason

well sheldonstv... i do recall the plug for my sons ps3 always pulling on the back inputs, its a very short monster cable, plus plugging it in and out to try different things iam sure didnt help....where can i find a good price for the motherboard and what exactly is it called...repair guy said that with the labor would be like 420.00...is this around what it should cost?....and thank you ever so much for all your help....i wished theirs something i could do for you...thanks Ron

ill have a look at the servicemanual for your set and see how much i can replace that panel for but all things considered its up to you the owner of the set as to what you want to pay for the repair really but ill have a look for you....

ive found the usermanual in my archive but not the service manual with all the part numbers etc i need im still looking......

Last edited:
if you can find that part and maybe where to find a good price, I would really appreciate it...but if you don't have time then thanks for all your help...I have been very impressed with you knowledge and the time you have taken to help someone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back