Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

433 MHz Antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your equation is upside-down. 1/4 wave antenna at 433 MHZ is 6.8 inches

PLEASE note** The date of this thread..... Although your comment is valid... There is probably no-one left to read it...

PLEASE note** The date of this thread..... Although your comment is valid... There is probably no-one left to read it...

You sir are dead wrong. So wrong, in fact, that I made an account just to say that that comment clarified my confusion about their mistake, 6 years later.

For 'beam' type directivity, an external half-wave hertzian dipole with reflector and director(s) would also increase radiation strength.
(The active element is actually 2 quarter-waves back-to-back).
The half-wave (λ/2) is measured across total 'width' of dipole.
A single-element quarter wavelength is onmi-directional, perpendicular to the antenna 'wire' (doughnut shape radiation field).
As c is (3*(10^8))m or (300*(10^6))m and your'e working in MHz (f.MHz*(10^6), simply divide
300 by n.MHz to get λ (Full Wave length) length in metres.
Then (λ/2) or (λ/4) for half or quarter-wave dimensions.

You sir are dead wrong. So wrong, in fact, that I made an account just to say that that comment clarified my confusion about their mistake, 6 years later.

He meant there was probably no-one from the original thread that was still around to read the responses.

He meant there was probably no-one from the original thread that was still around to read the responses.

Yeah, and my point was that just because the original posters aren't around doesn't change the fact that the math was bad and could cause confusion. It was the responsible thing to do, pointing out that the information was incorrect, regardless of the time frame.

"better late than never" -because theres no telling how and when the information will impact other people.

And thank you for the resource link MikeMi. I happened upon this page through a search engine, and I wasn't aware that that existed. I have a strong grasp on physics and math, but I am only just getting into forums for electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back