Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviddoria

what does the enable pin do? clock inhibit? carryout?

i've used these to continuously count, but now i need it to just count once.

so in the past ive gone
1 2 3 4 5 6
1 2 3 4 5 6
1 2 3 4 5 6

but now i need
1 2 3 4 5 6
(wait for another input pulse)

how do i do this?

thanks
david

ok, so first, how do i take an input pulse to start the counting cycle? connect that incoming pulse to reset?

i guess i dont understand reset.... does it make the counter = 0 ? or does it start the counting? and same with enable?

When RESET is high, all outputs are set to zero (low). Both reset and clock enable must be low for the counter to count clock pulses. When clock enable goes high, the count stops even tho the clock pulses continue. If you connect the 6 output to clock enable, then you can start the count by taking reset high momentarily. When reset goes low, the count starts. When output 6 goes high, the count stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back