Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 & 4017 help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there Audioguru, there is confuzion because of my complete lack of understand of how electronics works . Like I said in my last post I understand wiring. Getting the chips right first and asking about LED's + trans is where I got in a muddle.

Any help is always greatfully accepted as long as no one minds putting me right in stages then thats how I'll hopefully learn. Eric has already has been very helpful (with one working circuit) but I lost the plot when it came to LED's coz I haven't got the chips right in my head "yet"

Cheers steve
hi Steve,
If you follow the details in our posts 7 thru 14, the circuit will work as we have discussed.

Dont worry about the initial power on reset for the 4017, this a childs 'mobile' toy, not a scientific instrument.

Its unfortunate that someone who has started posting on this thread has not taken the trouble to read whats already been covered in earlier posts.

Eric.

Last edited:
Hi Eric

Many thanks for that ,, been off on the school run and shopping so just able to clear the head a little ,, if you dont mind I will get back to you about LED's and as for what they are LOL ,,, ESR in the UK "DO" sell 2v2 25mA LED's ,, page 12 right hand side,, 2nd LED down,, 3mm water clear package "green"

Hopefully this clears up any misunderstanding about what I am on about.

Also I agree its a kids toy for an over 50 something big kid ,,, MEEEEE :)

Many thanks
Steve

Attachments

• ESR Components.pdf
    21.7 MB · Views: 165
steve,
When you are ready, post a circuit for the LED groups and we will calculate the required resistor values.

E

HI

Smiles and many thanks

Steve

The small 3mm "water clear" green LEDs are rather dim compared to modern very bright LEDs. Their maximum voltage is 2.5V so if you have five in series then they need 12.5V plus more voltage for the current-limiting resistor. They might not light with your supply that is only 12V. So use four in series instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back