Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4 bit ALU diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parth86

hi,
I want to learn some basic I made small 4 bit alu that do only 5 function
arithmetic function
adder
subtractor
logic function
and logic
or logic
nor logic
look the diagram if diagram look like correct then I would like to make complex circuit

upload_2014-9-26_2-11-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-26_2-5-9.png
    upload_2014-9-26_2-5-9.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,489
hi,
I want to learn some basic I made small 4 bit alu that do only 5 function
arithmetic function
adder
subtractor
logic function
and logic
or logic
nor logic
look the diagram if diagram look like correct then I would like to make complex circuit

Your ALU doesn't look right to me.

A theoretical ALU of your design should look something like this...

VEAD'S ALU.PNGVEAD'S ALU 2.PNG

The OR and NOR are not drawn but they should be similar to the AND function. If you study the 74LS181 pdf logic diagram and understand it well. The design would be much simpler and efficient.

Allen

Last edited:
Your ALU doesn't look right to me.

A theoretical ALU of your design should look something like this...

View attachment 88422

The OR and NOR are not drawn but they should be similar to the AND function. If you study the 74LS181 pdf logic diagram and understand it well. The design would be much simpler and efficient.

Allen
ok thank you very much

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back