Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3rd order rc filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody response to my last questions here? I am sure My question is not hard enough for members to not be answered!
I would like to learn HOW TO WORK AND FACE with dB once for ever.
Thanks.

Our hearing and sensitivity to brightness are logarithmic so we have a very wide range of sensitivity.

3dB is double or half of the reference power. If the power is sound or light then you will hear or see a small difference.

10 dB is 10 times or 1/10th the power and seems twice or half as loud or as bright.

120dB is 1 million times or 1/millionth the power and is the range of barely heard to very loud or barely seen to very bright.

Thanks auduiguru,
I knew what you told.
I want to know what to interpret when for instance notice that the output power of an amplifier is 30dB, What you guys start to think when you notice a such thing??! Do you guys try at first to interpret the output power in watt for different input powers?? An example is worthy too.

I have a TV antenna amplifier, rated 115dB, but can not interpret it too, Any idea?

Thanks

I have a TV antenna amplifier, rated 115dB, but can not interpret it too, Any idea?

Whenever you see anything rated in db, you have to ask "With respect to what?"

115db is not a spec I would expect to see on a simple TV antenna preamp. I would expect ~10 or 20db gain.

Last edited:
Whenever you see anything rated in db, you have to ask "With respect to what?"

115db is not a spec I would expect to see on a simple TV antenna preamp. I would expect ~10 or 20db gain.

Then what do you try to think when hear 10 or 20dB gain for a Device???
I do not know If I was able to transfer my main problem to you guys yet or no??

Then what do you try to think when hear 10 or 20dB gain for a Device???
I do not know If I was able to transfer my main problem to you guys yet or no??
10dB is 10 times more power (twice as loud or as bright).
20db is 10 times more voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back