Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3904 NPN transistor to drive a relay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am positive. I also interchanged the base and collector. The relay does not get triggered at all. SO I think I have the transistor wired properly.
It's collector and emitter swapping that will give you marginal results, not collector and base.

Attachments

• BC547 pinout.png
    BC547 pinout.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 3,668
Ron,

Now I realized that the circuit works fine as long as there is no load attached to the relay.

The load that I have is 240VAC 40Watt bulb.

I think there is noise that is being generated. So do you think there would be any protection circuit for this?

My friend asked me to look at weber circuit.

Thank You all

Finally, I have used an opto coupler MOC 3021 and a triac Bt139 that solved my problem.

Thank you all for the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back