Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

32 kHz square wave circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know any reference of 32kHz oscillator chip , I thought it would be quite expensive around 10 or more $, that's why I planned to do it with discrete components.
Have you got a cheap reference for a 32 Khz chip ?
Otherwise I'll try to switch the HCT4060 with a HC4060 .
Thanks,
Cédric

Switching the 74HCT4060 to a 74HC4060 hasn't solved the problem .
Maybe it's the signal rising and falling time that's too long .
On my scope I would say that it's between 0.4 and 0.6 us .
Anyway, it's not very accurate as, I get this measure with the fastest sampling rate without averaging of my scope , and the two vertical lines that mark the beginning and end of the rise are only 2 pixels far one from each other .
Maybe there's some way to get the signal steeper , with some schmitt trigger or something else ?

I found the clue,after placing a schmitt trigger between the 32kHz circuit and the 4060 input, it works now fine .

The 74HC4060 already has an oscillator. Philips' datasheet has the schematic for a crystal oscillator. Why didn't you use it as a crystal oscillator?

I don't use it because I've never read all the datasheet :)
That's a nice feature actually,
Thanks Audioguru,
Cédric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back