Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

30 amp charger under voltige

Status
Not open for further replies.

POWERBUSTER

i have the following problem i have 6x 90 ah car baterys in parallel that i need to charge i build a charger but it sucks i have a 220volt supply and 12volt out a 50 amp ractifire and a 50 amp ammeeter the voltige gose up to 12volt and i need it to be14 to 15 volt i have a capasator 25 volt 220 qf maybe that must be bigger.buying an charger is not an opcion but learning from my mistakes will be good .i thought using a biger capasetor will invrees my voltige and give me a better charge also howe can i switch the chargin off at 15 voltts and sty off till baterys reaches 11volts wen it is being use to stop the voltige going to lowe or stoping it to over charge at 16volts this is a problem of eppic consequences if i dont get this right please help

Last edited:
You could also just buy a standard issue 12 volt charger. They are not that expensive.

Do you have schematic or better description of your power supply? If its a regulated one you may be able to adjust it up a bit more.
And what are you trying to do with six 90Ah batteries paralleled?

We need more information.:)

And feel free to use the spell check too.;)
Its free here! :D

this is for wery poor people who have no electricity on their farm. the only power they have is the 6x 90amp batteries and the inverter taking it from 12volt to 220volt. buying a charger is not an option. the charger is not regulated that i'm using. transformer, bridge rectifier,amp meter. transformer direct into rectifier, negative from rectifier to batteries negative, positive from rectifier to amp meter, amp meter to positive of batteries. this is the circuit. transformer can supply 30rms amps.

A capacitor does not help a battery charger since the battery already looks like a very low impedance capacitor.

So how much current does the ammeter read when it is charging the batteries?

Can you measure the AC output voltage of the transformer?

The circuit you just described is what a standard battery charger is made of. A transformer, A rectifier, An amp meter, A thermal circuit breaker, and the two lines going to the battery.
To be honest typically you can buy a battery charger cheaper than you can build one unless you have the correct parts salvaged from something.

So what are they going to be charging their battery's from if they have no power on their place other than the batteries and inverter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back