Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 phase transformer in LT spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I need to simulate a 3 phase star-delta (Yd11) transformer in LTspice. Any idea of how can I proceed?
Thanking in anticipation.

Just use inductors L1,L2,L3 etc of appropriate inductance and winding-resistance value, plus the directive k L1 L2 L3 ..... 1 (where .... denotes any further windings) to simulate an ideal transformer.

Last edited:
Just use inductors L1,L2,L3 etc of appropriate inductance and winding-resistance value, plus the directive k L1 L2 L3 ..... = 1 (where .... denotes any further windings) to simulate an ideal transformer.
That would make a single phase transformer with six windings, I think. I would rather use three cores to make three separate transformers, but that I am not sure if it is equivalent to a single three phase one.

That would make a single phase transformer with six windings, I think.
You could be right. That directive gives a net zero output from L4 if L1-3 have identical amplitude and frequency inputs mutually phase-sifted by 120 degrees :(.

you will want to start with 3 voltage sources, and in the parameters for the sine wave sources, all the same frequency, set the phase angles (phi) to 0, 120, and 240.

I have read a little on this three phase question. Which 3 phase configuration are you useing?

Here is a link to a series of videos on 3-phase transformers. link1

Try this for the YD configuration :-
3PhaseYDTransformer.PNG

Try this for the YD configuration :-
You need a much higher inductance (a Henry or more) to reduce the magnetizing current to a more typical level at that voltage and frequency..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back