3 phase transformer in LT spice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I need to simulate a 3 phase star-delta (Yd11) transformer in LTspice. Any idea of how can I proceed?
Thanking in anticipation.

Just use inductors L1,L2,L3 etc of appropriate inductance and winding-resistance value, plus the directive k L1 L2 L3 ..... 1 (where .... denotes any further windings) to simulate an ideal transformer.

Last edited:
Just use inductors L1,L2,L3 etc of appropriate inductance and winding-resistance value, plus the directive k L1 L2 L3 ..... = 1 (where .... denotes any further windings) to simulate an ideal transformer.
That would make a single phase transformer with six windings, I think. I would rather use three cores to make three separate transformers, but that I am not sure if it is equivalent to a single three phase one.

That would make a single phase transformer with six windings, I think.
You could be right. That directive gives a net zero output from L4 if L1-3 have identical amplitude and frequency inputs mutually phase-sifted by 120 degrees .

you will want to start with 3 voltage sources, and in the parameters for the sine wave sources, all the same frequency, set the phase angles (phi) to 0, 120, and 240.

I have read a little on this three phase question. Which 3 phase configuration are you useing?

Here is a link to a series of videos on 3-phase transformers. link1

Try this for the YD configuration :-
You need a much higher inductance (a Henry or more) to reduce the magnetizing current to a more typical level at that voltage and frequency..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…