Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3-phase system

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

What's the difference between apparent power, real power and reactive power?
which website can i learn more abt phasor diagram?
Pls advise.

your not going to get an answer off anyone here if you dont at least try and do it yourself. Too many people come here for help and 90% of the time it can be found using a search engine.

I only say this becuase i had to learn this myself. No one is going to do the work for you.

use google or yahoo and type in apparent power, real power etc.

if you still cant figure it out then come back for help.

andy

Apparent power is the product of volts and amps, not taking into account the phase angle, also called volt-amperes (VA). Real power occurs when the voltage and current are in phase, reactive power occurs when the voltage and current are at 90 degrees phase. Reactive power cannot do any work.

**broken link removed**

If you put a load onto a system an it has a inductive/capacitive component to it part of the power will be feeding this "reactive" part of the load.

The real part of the power is what does the work. If you do a phase diagram with resitance and reactive you can resolve what the power factor angle of a system is.

Real power = V*I*cos(a)
where a is the lead/lag angle. So from this you can see when a = 90 no power delivered to the load.

As stated if a load is purely cap/ind no real power delivered to the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back