3 Phase bridge rectifier with 2 phase AC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake9398

So before I stopped to think I bought a 3 phase Bridge rectifier (rated at 150A 1200V) for a project, however I'm not using 2 phase AC! From the bridge rectifier diagram it appears that I can hook up 2 of the input lines to AC and achieve the same result, but I wanted to ask if it will operate the same way. Thanks.

So before I stopped to think I bought a 3 phase Bridge rectifier (rated at 150A 1200V) for a project, however I'm not using 2 phase AC!

I assume you mean to say you are not using 3 phase AC? If that is the case, then yes, you would be using four of the six diodes in the bridge.

Ron

Alright thanks, Yes it's a regular rectifier, 5 terminals (3 for the 3 phases, 2 output). Thanks for your responses. I'm using it with a Microwave Oven transformer for High Voltage DC for a Capacitor Bank. Thanks again.

Yes I realized my mistake as soon as I posted it! Received the capacitor today, the size of 2 pop cans stacked vertically. 10,000uf @ 450VDC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…