Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 Phase bridge rectifier with 2 phase AC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lake9398

So before I stopped to think I bought a 3 phase Bridge rectifier (rated at 150A 1200V) for a project, however I'm not using 2 phase AC! From the bridge rectifier diagram it appears that I can hook up 2 of the input lines to AC and achieve the same result, but I wanted to ask if it will operate the same way. Thanks.

If using a regular rectifier, short answer is yes you can.

So before I stopped to think I bought a 3 phase Bridge rectifier (rated at 150A 1200V) for a project, however I'm not using 2 phase AC!

I assume you mean to say you are not using 3 phase AC? If that is the case, then yes, you would be using four of the six diodes in the bridge.

Ron

Alright thanks, Yes it's a regular rectifier, 5 terminals (3 for the 3 phases, 2 output). Thanks for your responses. I'm using it with a Microwave Oven transformer for High Voltage DC for a Capacitor Bank. Thanks again.

How do you get two phase from a microwave oven transformer?

How do you get two phase from a microwave oven transformer?
A microwave oven transformer works just great in reverse direction (230V to 20V instead of 230V to 2500V).

I'm sorry, but I meant I am attaching the output to the rectifier.
So you mean single-phase such as standard house wiring, not two phase (which is rare).

Yes I realized my mistake as soon as I posted it! Received the capacitor today, the size of 2 pop cans stacked vertically. 10,000uf @ 450VDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back