Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3-ph circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonaiko

hi all..
what i know is that in (+) sequence balanced 3-ph circuits...
Vab (ab is a subscript) leads Van with 30 degrees and it is larger by the square root of 3... (voltages are Y-connected

what is the relationship between these 2 voltages in (-) sequence system?

I'm not sure I follow where you're going with this. In a 3-phase system, each phase leads or lags the other two phases by 120° -- I don't know where your 30° fits in here.

Dean

Suppose you have a three phase grounded neutral Y, and Van phase is V<0 (V at an angle of 0), Vbn is V<-120 (Vbn lags Van by 120 deg) and Vcn is V<-240 (Vcn lags Vbn by 120 deg).

Then if you put your meter between A phase and B phase, you'll measure Vab=Van-Vbn= V<0 - V<-120. If you do the vector math, you'll find that the result is V*sqrt(3)<30, or Vab leads Van by 30 deg.

If you're asking about positive, negative and zero sequences, that's a different problem. Basically, if you have three vectors, say Vab, Vbc, and Vca, rotating counterclockwise in a sequence Vab, Vbc, Vca, if they're not symmetrical (equal in magnitude and angle) then they can be represented by three sets of three symmetrical vectors, the sums of which add up to the original vectors. It's very complicated. I have a good link about it, but it's at work.

j.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back