3 channel IR remote Controller Project using 12F Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
AtomSoft said:
DO you think it would be ok if i wap out the TSOP1738 for a TSOP4836 because i cant purchase the TSOP1738 (says obsolete) so can i just swap it out for the one you used?

You can use what ever u want. Just see datasheets for the pinouts as blueroomelectronics said

ok cool. I got alot of reading to do to fully understand this. The only thing i seem to get stuck on is the software part of receiving and decoding the signal(bits).

"The start burst is always 2.4ms wide, followed by a standard space of 0.6ms."
Quoted from https://www.sbprojects.com/knowledge/ir/sirc.htm

Will the pin on the pic just be set to high or low every 0.6ms? Would that be how to determine if command/address is 1 or 0

like:

Start __1____1___0__0___1___0___0___1___0___0___0__0
|||||_||||_||||_|||_|||_||||_|||_|||_||||_|||_|||_|||_|||

I notice the way its drawn the 1 look like it last longer than the 0.
Basically how does the chip differentiate from a 0 or 1?

Am i over complicating things.

(note i have a memory issue. Maybe thats why i cant understand this i keep forgetting something maybe )

hey i finally got around to making a little video of IR with a Multimeter. Took a 9v supply some resister to bring it down to about 4.6v then the ir receiver i took off some part i think a xbox remote piece (i own 2 so 1 had to go towards science) lol

**broken link removed** 6.22MB AVI (XVID CODEC)

Can u upload it to youtube or something

I have pic programmer. The software I used is ICprog. But I'm able to write hex file only to eeprom memory, when I'm trying to write to flash memory I get an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…