Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 bit Synchronous Up/Down Counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeywhsa

Hi guys,
just wondering if any body can help me out with a design for a 3 bit synchronous +ve edge triggered up/down counter using d-type latches. i have got no clue of how to go about doing it. the counter is suppose to counter from zero through to seven and then down from seven back to zero. the direction of the count is determined by an external input. also wen ever the direction of the count is changed it should automatically start counting down, doesnt really need to get to seven.

thanks
john

eeywhsa said:
Hi guys,
just wondering if any body can help me out with a design for a 3 bit synchronous +ve edge triggered up/down counter using d-type latches. i have got no clue of how to go about doing it. the counter is suppose to counter from zero through to seven and then down from seven back to zero. the direction of the count is determined by an external input. also wen ever the direction of the count is changed it should automatically start counting down, doesnt really need to get to seven.

thanks
john

Read this, it will all become clear.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back