Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 and 5 volt buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxan

Hi, i am trying to make half duplex parallel port communication using Microcontrollers but the problem is one works with 3 volt and the other works with 5 volt. Can any one suggest any buffer IC to translate/convert these voltages so that they become compatible with each other.

I found IC LTC1515CS8 using google but couldn't find in market. Can anyone suggest a commonly used IC for this purpose.

There are **broken link removed** out there.

The PIC18F4520 will operate down to a 2v Supply.

Last edited:
but i need to make a parallel communication among the two. Its bi-directional communication.

You can set both parts to operate on same voltage, I looked at each data sheet. So I am

The 18f2420 runs @ 2-5.5vdc the 24fj @ 2-3.6v so why not run both at 3.3v ?

Last edited:
i am using PIC18F4520 but i get your point. So you say if i provide 3.3v supply to PIC18, its high logic will be 3.3v and that will solve the problem.

However will there be any side effect of this in terms of speed of execution or anything ? :)

Speed will not be affected in the slightest, if anything you may gain a nano second...

Just keep in mind, the more info you give for your application, the more we can understand your problem and assist you...:)

Last edited:
Wow, did you write some of those Pshop tutorials? nice I use to be an avid pshop user until my pc crashed and lost my copy, can not afford the price tag for a new copy, but neat tutorials

glad you liked them but i didn't write them :) People post their tutorials on my website. I have tutorials for other softwares as well.

I know its not allowed but why dont you download Photoshop from torrents ??

Urm, at any rate, what is the distance between your 2 controllers?

Not any of my business, but is there a reason not to just use one controller? One of your controllers has plenty of addressing and lot's of I/O.

Last edited:
The PIC24 is using TCP/IP stack for ethernet based programming from which i am accessing my entire controller bus of PIC18F4250's

[website] ===> PIC24 || PIC18 ==> several PIC18

Okay, I can see that, why not use a dedicated Ethernet controller? Again none of my business, just playing the advocate:)

Good luck on the project. I will stay tuned to see how it progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back