3:1 25V Analog Mux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
Hi. Does anyone know of a 3:1 (preferably, 4:1 would also do) analog mux with parallel control that can withstand 25V (or more?) THis is a mux that switches the Back EMF detection circuitry in my motor driver between different phases. If it can withstand 25V, then I only need one set voltage clamps and one set of resistive dividers on the output of the mux to protect the BEMF circuitry. Otherwise I need to use a 3:1 pair mux and have voltage clamps on 3 of the inputs and resistive dividers on the remaining 3 inputs due to the different ways that the signals are processed.

THe cloest I've been able to find are 12V muxes from Analog Devices. I don't know if they exist or not.

EDIT: THe cloest thing I've been able to find now is the DG409. Comes as a 4:1 pair rather than 4:1, but the important thing is that it only requires 2 parallel control pins (and not the 3 which I cannot spare)
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2007/12/fn3283.pdf

It has a strange little overvoltage protection scheme on page 8 that I've never seen before. I would normally just clamp the input using diodes, not float the +/- supply with diodes?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…