Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2v referance voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

avz

Hi
I need a 2v referance voltage source - it is for an old ADD3701 that I would like to use. any ideas for a simple yet accurate 2v component/circuit that will have a 5-6V input and 2V output? - I know that the IC is old, but I have it with the seven segments.
Thanks.

Hi

It depends on how accuarte you want your 2V to be. A linear regulator (LM317) etc will give you an output voltage that can drive a decent amount of current, but the output will not be accurate to ppm.

If you want something stonkingly accurate, go for a voltage reference. Look at Maxim or TI for a 2.048V reference. This should be good enough for your applications. However, references cannot drive a great deal of output current, so you might have to put an op amp follower on the ouput if you want more welly out of it

2V

Hi

It depends on how accuarte you want your 2V to be. A linear regulator (LM317) etc will give you an output voltage that can drive a decent amount of current, but the output will not be accurate to ppm.

If you want something stonkingly accurate, go for a voltage reference. Look at Maxim or TI for a 2.048V reference. This should be good enough for your applications. However, references cannot drive a great deal of output current, so you might have to put an op amp follower on the ouput if you want more welly out of it

stonkingly accurate :eek:

Hi
I need a 2v referance voltage source - it is for an old ADD3701 that I would like to use. any ideas for a simple yet accurate 2v component/circuit that will have a 5-6V input and 2V output? - I know that the IC is old, but I have it with the seven segments.
Thanks.
If it has to be really accurate, use a good reference like the LM385-1.2V and a decent op-amp to gain that up to 2V. You can put a pot trimmer in the op amp if you want to set it to 2.000V

I vote with Bill to use the TL431. It only requires one active device (the TL431), and twor or three resistors (one resistor and one pot, or even just one pot to adjust the voltage).

TL431 2V reference

Hi & thanks
I've looked into the TL431 datasheet and according to it - it can supply min. 2.5V - unless I'm wrong. if that's the case - would you be so kind and tell me how it can be done.
Thanks.

Opps you're right. 2.5V is the minimum. Guess I'm getting old.

Do you need exactly 2V or would 2.048V (perfect for an A/D) be ok?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back